Environment Agency Rod Licence

Buying a rod licence online has never been easier, so we thought we would put it to the test on April 1st, the first day of the 2012 licence and one of the busiest days in the fishing calender to buy your licence.

Four simple steps via the Post Office website, payment taken and receipt confirmation 30 minutes later I was ready to go fishing. You can buy day licences via the post office too and confirmation is on your mobile phone if you have a web enhanced phone.
Don’t forget you need to a valid Environment Agency Rod Licence if you are aged 12 or over and fish for salmon, trout, freshwater fish, smelt or eel in England (except the River Tweed), Wales, and the Border Esk and its tributaries in Scotland.

Please note a licence gives you the right to use a fishing rod and line, but does not give you a right to fish. You must have the permission of the owner or tenant of the fishing rights before starting to fish.

Tight Lines for the 2012 season everyone.



%d bloggers like this: